In May 2003 the EU-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI) emerged from the former European Union Business Council (EUBC).
EUMCCI is a public non-profit organisation and is not funded by the EU. The Chamber is financed by projects, events, memberships and corporate partnerships.
It is an umbrella organisation of all EU chambers of commerce and business councils, whose members are also EUMCCI members, altogether approximately 1200 corporations.
To promote, support and develop EU business interests in Malaysia as well as facilitate trade, commerce and investments between EU and Malaysia. In order to fulfill its mission, EUMCCI carries out activities that will catalyse and stimulate networking of European companies in Malaysia with the Malaysian business community, business associations, relevant ministries, official representations and other Chambers in Asia. These activities are balanced between social and business activities.
- To develop and enhance EU position and image in Malaysia
- High profile lobbying/dialogue with Institutions, Government
- Speed up decisions and actions within the ministries and authorities
- Promote and market EU technologies, SMEs products and services in Malaysia
- Facilitate the dialogue between the European private sector and Malaysian government
EUMCCI Committees - Strong Lobbying Tool
The EUMCCI Committees are platforms for EUMCCI Corporate Partners within specific sectors. The Committees meet regularly to discuss issues affecting their particular industries, to hold seminars with guest speakers from the government, academia and business and to lobby the government. Each committee is responsible for writing a Trade Issues and Recommendations paper outlining the most pressing business problems and recommendations for the government to reduce these issues. Every year all Position Papers drafted by the Committees are compiled into a âEUMCCI Trade Issues & Recommendationsâ paper. This document is circulated among Government administrations, relevant authorities in Malaysia and the European Commission in Brussels.
At the moment EUMCCI has 14 committees. More information about these committees can be found by clicking on âCommitteesâ in the main menu.
If you are interested in joining one of our committees you can send an email to
Benefits for Corporate Partners
- Networking opportunities with EU companies, the local business community and authorities
- Ongoing MIDA, MDTCA and MITI dialogues with common EUMCCI position papers
- Participation in EUMCCI Sector Committees, raising issues of concern to the relevant bodies
- Participation in EUMCCI events, business and social gatherings with pan-European coverage at Corporate Partner rates
- Being part of the European Business Organisations worldwide network (read about EBO Network)
- Promotion of Corporate Partner companies via EUMCCI publications, Newsletters and website in Malaysia, Southeast Asia and Europe
- Introduction of new Corporate Partners and a listing on EUMCCI online Corporate Partner Directory
- Free copy of EUMCCI Review mailed to Corporate Partners quarterly, (Review circulation: 3000 copies)
- e-Bulletin mailed to Corporate Partners twice a month
- Company's profile in EUMCCI Business Directory
- Information on EU-Malaysia trade and investment
- Virtual office services
For any enquiry please contact us at