Function of the Committee:
- To be the centre of debate to identify and prioritize key issues in the Healthcare Industry.
- We also discuss issues relevant to the EU-Malaysia FTA negotiations (Data exclusivity, IPR, procurement). To be a forum to facilitate business, discuss and propose an environment to improve the business conditions.
- To be a channel to raise issues to Government authorities to create a clear and transparent relationship with Malaysian Government and to build up a lobbying tool for the European companies to improve interrelation and communication with the stakeholders and other related government agencies.
- IN line with NKEA to develop the medical technology sub-sector such as medical devices, diagnostic equipment and healthcare information technology.
- The Medical Devices Authority has been established to oversee the implementation of the medical devices regulatory system. It has been agreed in principle that the regulations would be aligned to the guidelines drawn up by the ASEAN Harmonisation Working Party (AHWP) and the Global Harmonisation Work Force (GHTF).
Chair of Committee: Dr. Maxim Mamin, Head of Healthcare Sector, Siemens Malaysia
Deputy Chair: Mr. Thomas Steffen, Country Division Head, Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals
- Evening Mixer with Healthcare Industry players
Topic: Introduction of Healthcare Committee and Get-To-Know session
Objectives: To collect database for Healthcare Committee. Create awareness and visibility
Event Format: Cocktail evening (4-6pm)
Target audience: All Healthcare industry players. Partners with bilateral chambers.
- Committee â€“ Stakeholder
Topic: Key Issues and risks within the practice area and related industry sectors. Countryâ€™s Healthcare System, the challenges on quality of healthcare and etc..
Event Format: Closed Door Dialogue
Target Audience: Committee members only.
Some Potential Topics for one Breakfast Talk/Dialogue
- Committee â€“ Breakfast over Healthcare (Workshops)
- Innovative medicine and healthcare technology from Europe. Foresee innovation as a central topic for European pharma companies which can be nicely synergized with the healthcare technology area. What are the barriers in Malaysia for EU companies to implement innovative medical technology? (Forum which would gather Hospitals and Medical technology companies on: â€œHow important is innovative technology in the current increase of demand in healthcare?
Healthcare: Human right or business? Should country focus on development of medical tourism? Can Private and public sector cooperate instead of competing? Pros and cons of medical tourism in Malaysia
- Target Audience: Hospitals, Medical technology companies, Pharmaceuticals
How Malaysia can make sure the future workforce in hospitals will have needed skills? It is an important issue â€“that very often graduates from Medical Universities do not have the required skills.
- Target Audience: Private and public hospitals, Medical Universities, Medical technology companies
- Target Audience: Private and public Hospitals, Medical Universities
Committee Minutes of previous Meetings:
Minutes are available via request through Ai Li Châ€™ng Koch '
' or call 03 2162 6298
Committee Position Paper:
Position Papers are available via request through Ai Li Châ€™ng Koch '
' or call 03 2162 6298