Dato' Dr. Ir. Andy Seo Kian Haw
DIMP, SMS. Hon. DSc., MBA, FASc, PEng, ACPE, FIEM, FIET (UK), Hon. FAFEO, Hon. ASEAN Engr., ASEAN Chartered PE, APEC Eng., IntPE, MMIM.
Dato' Dr. Ir. Andy Seo is the Chairman, Senior Advisor and Directors of various organisations. He has worked in various MNCs in Malaysia in various Senior Management position. He is a member of the Corporation of SME Corp Malaysia and chairs the Human Capital Development Panel.
Dato' Dr. Ir. Andy Seo is Member of the 23-member Special Task Force to Improve the Government Delivery System (PEMUDAH - Pasukan Petugas Khas Pemudah Cara Perniagaan) appointed by the Prime Minister.
He is Vice President of the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) and heads the FMM SMI Committee. He is Vice President of the Institution Engineers Malaysia (IEM) and heads the IEM Professional Practice Committee. He is also Head Commissioner of the ASEAN ENGINEERING REGISTER.
He graduated in Production Engineering from the University of Hertfordshire, UK. He has also obtained a MBA in General Management from the University of Hull, UK. Attended the London Business School on Strategic Management. Also attended IMD, Switzerland on "Change Management". He received an Honorary Doctor of Science (DSc) from the University of Hertfordshire, UK and an Honorary Fellow of the ASEAN Fellow Engineers Organisation. He was awarded the Darjah Kebesaran Mahkota Pahang Yang Amat Mulia, Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang (DIMP), by the Sultan of Pahang in November 2008. He was awarded the Darjah Kebesaran Setia Mahkota Selangor (S.M.S.) by the Sultan of Selangor in December 2004. He is also a Registered Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Engineers Malaysia, a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK, a Fellow of the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) and a member of the Malaysian Institute of Management.
He also serves in the following:
- Member of the Malaysian Steel Council (MSC), MITI
- Board member of the Malaysian Steel Institute (MSI), MITI
- Council member of the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
- Council member of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kuala Lumpur & Selangor (KLSCCCI)
- Council member of the National Skill Development Council, MoHR
- Chairman of the Consultative Panel for Manufacturing Sector, Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) Malaysia
- Board of Directors in German Malaysia Institute
- Committee member of the Malaysian Finnish Business Council
- Deputy Chairman & Director in EU-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI)
- President of the University of Hertfordshire Alumni Association of Malaysia (1991 to 2002)
- Member of the University Court in University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Industry Advisor to the Faculty of Engineering, University Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Industry Advisor for the Mechanical Engineering Program, Monash University, Malaysia
- Industry Advisor Faculty of Accountancy and Management, MBA, University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), Malaysia