Work with EUMCCI
CEO Job Announcement
EUMCCI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Search Announcement
The EU-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI) is the non-profit organization established to promote, support and develop EU business interests in Malaysia as well as facilitate trade, commerce and investments between EU and Malaysia.
EUMCCI is a public non-profit organization financed by projects, events, memberships and corporate partnership. It is an umbrella organisation of all EU chambers of commerce and business councils.
In order to fulfill its mission, EUMCCI carries out activities that will catalyze and stimulate networking of European companies in Malaysia with the Malaysian business community, business associations, relevant ministries, official representations and other Chambers in Asia.
As EUMCCI continues to experience significant growth and build upon its unique strengths, EUMCCI Board of Directors tasked its Executive Committee (ExCo) to plan and execute a process to identify an experienced and collaborative executive leader to be the next Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The position of CEO is a critical and visible position, as EUMCCI CEO plays a pivotal role in driving EUMCCI’s sustainable growth while simultaneously ensuring smooth and stable operations.
The CEO role is as a primary member of the senior management team, reporting directly to EUMCCI Board of Directors. The CEO must have solid management experience including strategy development, implementation and budgetary oversight.
The CEO must have exceptional leadership presence, experience and political sensitivity to be able to facilitate the development of effective relationships with key stakeholders including government officers, politicians, diplomats of Malaysia, European nations and neighbouring countries.
Internally, the CEO must develop, lead, attract, inspire, retain, and manage a diverse, talented, and high-performing team, to ensure that the mission and core values of EUMCCI are put into practice by holding everyone accountable for quantifiable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
In an environment that is collegial and where talent and culture are critical, the CEO will need to engage staff, the affiliates, and the Board of Directors in strategic operations and execution through responsive communication and collaborative leadership.
The successful candidate will be results oriented with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, will be able to build strong relationships with high profile stakeholders and be financially savvy.
Additionally, the candidate will have at least a bachelor degree, and at least five years of experience in a management position and at least 2 years of working experience in Malaysia.
Qualified candidates can download the detailed job description and should submit a detailed, thoughtful cover letter of no more than one page along with a resume in one PDF file to Kok Ling Wong at email@example.com by December 15th. The Exco hopes to provide specific feedback for interested candidates by mid-January.
Who are we and what do we do?
Established in 2003, the EU-Malaysian Chamber of Commerce and Indust ry (EUMCCI) stands as a public non-profit organisation financed by projects, events, memberships, and corporate partnerships.
We aim to promote, support and develop EUbusiness interests in Malaysia aswell as facilitate trade, commerce and investments between the two trading blocs. We achieve this by carrying out social and business activities that will catalyse and stimulate networking of European companies in Malaysia with the Malaysian business community, business associat ions, relevant ministries, official representations,
and other Chambers in Asia.
What do we offer?
The EUMCCI offers 5 internships to students towards the end of their studies. The close-knit nature of the organisations allows interns to thrive and be a value adding-member of the chamber. The internships expose students to an international environment by exposing interns to the EU-Malaysian business community. The diverse activities of the EUMCCI allows students to walk away from the internship with new knowledge and skill development in various disciplines.
During the internship, the interns will work closely with amanager who will help guide and support the intern in their daily tasks to ensure that they thrive through their work. Successful candidates will be compensated with basic renumeration according to terms and conditions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Malaysian and European students to join us. They are mostly selected towards the end of their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.We look for students in the fields of Business, Economics, Accountancy, International Relations, Event Management, or Communications.
We are looking for independent and passion driven candidates who are not afraid to take initiative. Moreover, we are looking for responsible candidates eager to learn and develop their skills and competences. Strong organisational, communication and English language skills are appreciated. Student should possess computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Candidate should be able to network with stakeholders during events.
How can you apply?
Please provide us with the following:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A short Cover Letter
- Contact detail & a recent photo
- Preferred internship position
- Availability for internship
Internship Position and Task Descriptions
- Assist to organise and promote conferences, trade shows and events, e.g. IGEM2018, Europa Awards, Food Forum, etc.
- Opportunity to join events of other stakeholders.
- Assist to organise Trade Missions for European and ASEAN companies, and research for relevant companies for B2B matching sessions.
- Assist to organise CEO's EU Outreach trip, to meet with associations and companies interested to explore the Malaysian market.
- Keep in touch with other ASEAN Chambers to explore potential co-operations.
- Manage Business Malaysia portal, consisting of important trends of different industries in Malaysia.
- Assisting the EUMCCI Committees leadership & coordination between committees in terms of the direction and strategies of the advocacy matters for all the committees.
- Keeping the committees active, up-to-date on issues and policies of interest, and assisting in organising activities that would help strengthen the committees.
- Attend meetings and dialogues that are relevant to the committees.
- Building contacts with various government departments and ensuring healthy government engagement.
- Responsibilities include administrative tasks relevant to committee work.
- Assisting the events manager in the management of EUMCCI events throughout the year.
- Sourcing of new suppliers and ensuring prices remain competitive and are within the budget.
- Management of speakers' logistical requirements and liaison with sponsors to ensure all aspects of the contract are met.
- On-site logistical management of events.
- Collect and analyse feedback from all events. Provide subsequent feedback for future events.
- Assist extensively in marketing activities for events (telemarketing and, design of marketing material).
- Assisting the Membership Manager in maintaining the EUMCCI membership database (consisting of European and Malaysian companies, bilateral chambers, and Malaysian government stakeholders).
- Attend meetings with key decision makers of the member companies and stakeholders.
- Involved in lead generation, new member acquisition and retention strategy.
- Work closely with manager to come up with marketing collaterals, conduct surveys, and prepare analysis reports.
- Responsibilities include administrative tasks relevant to membership tasks.
- Report to the CEO and Finance/Admin Manager.
- Prepare and initiate payments.
- Help maintain office accounts by handling petty cash, checking claims by stakeholders and prepare purchase orders.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers, prepare comparison schedules, arrange purchase orders, checking delivery orders and invoices.
- Upkeep of office, meeting room, and room bookings.
- Issuance of tax invoices & receipts.
- Attend to guests and help out at events when necessary.
- Oversee office holiday/leave records.