|Head of Committee||Pierre Brochet, Registered Foreign Lawyer (Malaysia), Avocat au Barreau de Paris & Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, Azmi & Associates|
|Deputy Head||Idros Bin Puteh, Strategic Customer Development Director, Scania Southeast Asia|
- Focus on working with the government to raise the Malaysian Vehicle Safety Standards to be in compliance with the UNECE Standards
- Advocate for ABS (Automatic Braking System) to be mandatory in vehicles
- Assist Malaysia in increasing motor vehicle emission standards from Euro 2 -Euro 4
- Assist Malaysia to be the ASEAN automotive hub
- Dialogue with JAMA on fuel quality
Advancing the Malaysian Automotive Industry into an ASEAN automotive export hub is the aim of the EUMCCI Automotive Committee. Its highly diverse members set annual top priorities to ensure that the industry is always moving forward. For example, the committee is working closely with the government to improve road safety and fuel quality. Efforts are combined to elevate Malaysia's position in the global market. The committee seeks to support the government in the implementation of desired automotive policies.
For more information about the EUMCCI Automotive Committee, please contact our Advocacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-2162 6298.